- This event has passed.
Retire your Family Karma
November 25, 2017
PRESENTED BY ASHOK BEDI, MD
PSYCHIATRIST & JUNGIAN ANALYST (USA)
Life in the West, and increasingly in the East, is lived in the fast lane. Technology is moving forward at an exponential pace. The standard of material living is gradually rising in the industrialized and developing nations. We are exploring and exploiting the treasures of Mother Earth, sometimes enhancing but more often depleting the resources for our grandchildren and future generations. As we harvest the gifts of our civilization, it is crucial that we calculate the karmic price tag. Karma is the Hindu concept of the choices we make and the consequences those choices bear. What kind of legacy are we leaving for future generations? As individuals, families, and communities, what emotional ledger sheet are we leaving for the future? Who will retire the consequences of karma we leave behind, when we leave this life with unfinished business?
- Summarize the basics of the understanding and the assessment of your Family Karma
- Discuss the dynamics of your relationship patterns that depict the underlying Family Karma
- Examine the authenticity of your career choices and how your Family Karma impacts these
- Present the Kundalini Yoga perspective on understanding your Family Karma
- Articulate the role of Genograms on assessing and retiring your Family Karma
- Explain the role of the family legends, rumours, fantasies, fascinations, family tragedies and roots on the workings of your Family Karma
- Illustrate with clinical vignettes the workings of Family Karma.
This seminar is the residential component accompanying the 5 week online course Transforming Complexes as Pathways to Vocation. The seminar may also be purchased separately, space permitting. Registration details below.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Ashok Bedi, MD is a Jungian psychoanalyst and a board certified psychiatrist. He is a member of the Royal College of psychiatrists of Great Britain, a diplomat in Psychological Medicine at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of England, and a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. He is a Clinical Professor in Psychiatry at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee and a training analyst at the Carl G. Jung Institute of Chicago. He is in private practice in Milwaukee and is the author of several books which may be previewed at his website www.pathtothesoul.com. Crossing the Healing Zone is Dr. Bedi’s fourth book, following Awaken the Slumbering Goddess: The Latent Code of the Hindu Goddess Archetypes (BookSurge, 2007), Retire Your Family Karma: Decode Your Family Pattern and Find Your Soul Path (Nicolas-Hays, Inc., 2003), and Path to the Soul (Samuel Weiser, Inc., 2000). Dr Bedi is the liaison for the International Association for Analytical Psychology for developing Jungian training programs in India and travels annually to India to teach, train and consult with the Jungian Developing groups at several centers in India including Ahmedabad and Mumbai. He leads the annual ‘A Jungian Encounter with the Soul of India‘ study group to several centers in India under the auspices of the New York Jung Foundation.
YOUR REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea (please advise us of your dietary requirements)
- A list of recommended readings
Registration will be confirmed on receipt of payment for the Seminar. Payment may be via Direct Deposit, Credit Card or PayPal. The Early Bird rate for this seminar expires on 26 September 2017. Register now to avoid disappointment!
Full rate $225; Concession $195; Early bird (exp. 26 September 2017) $165
Pay by Direct Deposit (preferred method):
BSB: 313 140 (Bank Australia, Kew, Victoria)
Account number: 14073170
Account name: eContent t/a Life Artistry
Please advise us of direct deposit payment transfer, specifying your name, the amount, date, event and dietary requirements – firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +61 3 9444 0570.
or Credit Card/ PayPal:
- $35 fee applies per cancellation received by 31 October 2017
- $50 fee applies per cancellation received from 1 November 2017
- No refund available after 15 November 2017
Accommodation is available at University College – please make reservations directly through email@example.com